Saturday, September 7, 2013

New Job - Week 1

Just thought I'd fill in those of you who haven't abandoned me (anyone? anyone?) about my first week of work at my new job.  The following things occured:

1.  They gave me all kinds of new stuff!  I got a cell phone, laptop, and a bunch of keys.  I have no idea what to do with all these keys.

2.  I discovered I am listed on their organizational chart.  Yikes!

3.  I may need to practice some politics.  I work for company XYZ and my boss works for company ABC, with which we're affiliated because they own a percentage share.

4.  I'm amazed, once again, at how long some people can hold their bladders.

5.  I got an extensive, and not very pretty, look at what happens from the time an animal comes in to the time it leaves.  It's not in the same condition when it leaves.

6.  I learned that severe safety violations result in lost appendages and lost jobs.

7.  As an extension of # 6, I learned I could never, ever, be a medical professional.

8.  As an extension of # 7, I learned the value of sanitizing wipes.

9.  Next week I will have to attend a seminar at a place I once worked which I know will be attended by their HR Director.  Again, I'm going to have to do some acting and pretend like I don't know who she is and I hope she does the same.  The problem is that I don't want all these mother-fuckers to know where I work.  I'm sick of thinking about the trail all the fucking time.  So much anxiety.

10.  Ack!!!  I've realized I have no experience doing this and I'm not sure I'm ready for it!

Anyway, all in all things are going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment