Tuesday, May 13, 2014

By the Power of 3 x 3

It's true what they say.  Bad shit really does happen in 3's.

The Labor Statistic is back at it...again.  I got fired (excuse me, constructively discharged) last Wednesday.  It was political turpitude and it was bullshit and you will definitely hear more about it.  Silver lining:  I will now have more time to devote to this blog, especially since the available job prospects are no better than they were last year, the year before that, the year before that, and the year before that.

Then, four days later, my water heater took a shit.  Shocker.  Not only does this type of thing happen to me all the time, it always happens when I don't have a job, which is often, so I guess it makes sense.

Then, the next day I got a "fuck you" email for a job I'd applied for a few months back that I was very excited about.  I had a phone interview two weeks ago and was anxiously awaiting an invitation for an onsite interview.  I though it might be my ticket out of this God-forsaken shit hole I refer to as the black hole of death.  In fact, that's the motto of this company - "The Way Out".  Liars!  So much for the theory that hand written thank-you notes make all the difference because no one takes the time to do this one simple thing to set them apart from other candidates.  I've sent a lot of fucking thank-you notes over the years and I'm left to conclude nothing except that I must have incredibly offensive hand writing.  Luckily, there is a silver lining here, too.  My manager would have been a middle-aged man.  I'm a man-hater and I've always said that no matter where I go there's a middle-aged man making my life miserable.  Turns out this would have been no exception.

Oh, and as a cherry on top, I slipped on wet dog shit later that same day.  I suspect this was the universe's way of letting me know that it is, in fact, going to kick me when I'm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment