Friday, May 16, 2014

Sympathy for the Devil

So, before I get into the horrific details of the last eight months of my life I think it's important to make some introductions.  Here they are, in order from least-hated to most-hated:

Please allow me to introduce Becca Bacon:  I don't hate Becca Bacon, per se, but she was a pawn in this chess game and because of her role in all this nonsense an introduction is appropriate here.

Please allow me to introduce Heath Big Mac:  Heath Big Mac is the big cheese.  Heath Big Mac is ignorant (like most men) and explosive (like some men) and he has absolutely no concept whatsoever about what it means to be a respectful professional.  I'd put him on the same level as a two year old throwing a tantrum.

Please allow me to introduce Delores Umbridge:  Yes, this evil, heartless, manipulative snake in the grass is named after the Harry Potter character we all despise.  Much the same, this bitch is equally condescending, demeaning, and terrifying.  What I mean by terrifying is that, just like the character in the book, everything she owns is pink and her office looks like a 12 year old's bedroom.  Seriously.  It's fucking scary and very unprofessional.

...and finally,

Please allow me to introduce Chicken Little:  This deranged hillbilly is the plant manager and is also the epitome of ignorance; we do not speak the same language.  To me the sky is blue, but to him, it's bright orange.  I physically hate this man and I will remember him for the rest of my life, and for nothing good.  He is so abhorrent, I couldn't possibly find the appropriate words to describe him for the purposes of this introduction, but I will attempt to at least give you some perspective.  This man is an iceberg waiting for the Titanic.  He is so unbelievably inappropriate, and one of the most ineffective leaders I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  How one gets to this point in their career when they are the most unreasonable and illogical person on the planet is beyond me.  He runs around all day like a chicken with his head cut off (remember Chicken Little?  The sky is falling, the sky is falling! - Chicken Little did not care about facts) and accomplishes nothing except making everyone crazy because he thinks everything is an emergency.  The words accountability and consistency are not in his vocabulary.  They are foreign concepts to him.  And how is it that someone at his level is exempt from doing their job?  Apparently policy enforcement and fair and consistent treatment are not his responsibility despite the fact that he oversees the entire production management team and is responsible for all of the production in the plant.  I have never seen anything like it!  He fabricates things, plays games with people, and passes the buck.  He also micromanages to a spectacular degree (every other department except the one he should be worried about) and I'm quite certain he suffers from "reportomania".  He's very much a "quadratic formula for brownies divided by the square root of gummy bears" type of person.  Yes, that level of logic.  Guys like this idiot are generally detrimental to organizations.  To learn more, click the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromanagement



No comments:

Post a Comment