Friday, May 23, 2014

Recipe for Disaster

Now that I've made some introductions, I would like to explain a little bit about the corporate structure and political landscape to which I was subject.  To begin, Becca Bacon and Delores Umbridge both work for a company called ISL.  For lack of a better way to say this, ISL serves a corporate function for many affiliate companies.  They provide "shared services" in the areas of IT, HR, etc.  Heath Big Mac and Chicken Little both work for a company called FVT.  FVT is technically an affiliate company, but not really.  See, ISL doesn't have controlling interest.  It's split right down the middle with the original ownership, who are big fans of Heath Big Mac.  Now, the President of the Board for FVT (we'll call him Dick House) is also the President and CEO of ISL.  In addition, he's the son of the founder of ISL.  Here's the thing about Dick House, him and Chicken Little are good ol' boys.  Dick House is the reason Chicken Little was brought to FVT so Dick House would never admit that it was a mistake.

Delores Umbridge was hired at ISL around the same time I was hired at FVT.  Her role was to manage the group that oversees payroll and benefit functions for all affiliate companies.  Lots more to come on this bitch, so stay tuned. 

Now, Becca Bacon, an HR Manager at ISL was my direct supervisor, although I was employed by FVT.  FVT and ISL don't see eye to eye.  So, how can this work, you ask?  Well, it can't.  You can't be employed by one company and report to someone who works for another company when those two companies want different things, there's nothing but friction, and nobody trusts anybody.  It defies logic.  And of course, the Labor Statistic got stuck right smack in the middle of all of it.  Where else would I be?  Apparently, life just wouldn't be in balance if I wasn't being confronted by an impossible situation.  Time after time after time.

And here I must sign off for today.  When I get to thinking about impossible situations, my entire life story somehow gnaws at my finger tips and there simply isn't enough hours in the day and so I must cut myself off for now and back away from the keyboard...


No comments:

Post a Comment