Saturday, April 27, 2013

Major Disappointment Confirmed

Today I received the rejection email for the job I really, really, really wanted.  I applied for this job just a couple of days ago.  They decided in a hurry they don't want me for that job.  It's Saturday.  Someone must have made a special trip to the office today just for me.  Cue fine china crashing on porcelain tile.  The worst part is that I immediately and obsessively started googling stuff about the company and the people who work in their HR department and what I found sparked an outburst that resulted in damage to private property (my own).  Basically, every recruiter in the company has a background completely unrelated to HR and possesses degrees ranging from mathematics to paralegal studies to psychology to veterinary technician.  Wow.  So these are the people they're relying on to staff their organization.  It makes sense, then, why art majors are getting accounting jobs.  My God.  Apparently a four year degree in finance will award you the title of Senior Recruiter and four direct reports, at least if your name is Doily Mammoth/Fart'n'toot.  And the best part is that Doily Mammoth/Fart'n'toot is a fucking idiot.  More specifically, she capitalizes improper nouns.  For example; "I'm very upset that I wasn't considered for this Job.  If I wasn't so fucking hungover already and if the Liquor Store was still open I'd invest in some Liquid Therapy.  Instead, I'm going to have a Meltdown and start throwing things and put a huge dent in my Closet Door.  Not only do I not have a Job, but now I have a fucked up door that I'll never be able to replace to match the rest of the fucking trim and the other Doors in the room because my stupid fucking House is so dated."  I feel that this is unacceptable.  Wouldn't any company be embarrassed to be represented by people who do not have the capability to communicate beyond an eighth grade level?  What the fuck is the world coming to?  Well I guess it all goes back to the benefits of being functionally stupid.  Maybe I should get a degree in vocal performance and litter my resume with typographical errors and then I'll be able to get a fucking job.  I mean, what the fuck? 

1 comment: