Monday, April 8, 2013

My Daily Epitome

I'm back.  Sorry, took me a while to recover from the Barbie attack last week and I've had a lot of homework.  I'm sure I was missed.
My high school English teacher was recently recognized for her contribution to the school system and surrounding community.  She once called my entire class the epitome of stupidity.  I had a pretty good idea what she meant at the time but, for your benefit, the definition of epitome is a typical or ideal example.  Even though she thought we were the ideal example of stupidity, she wasn't a bad teacher..  I imagine teaching 9th grade English she was, in fact, confronted by the epitome of stupidity on a fairly regular basis.
Anyway, I was invited to interview for the position I applied for at the church I referenced in my Lord Have Mercy post.  I had a really bad feeling.  The same really bad feeling I've had in the past when I've gotten an interview and then an offer and then things went terribly wrong.  Not only are two of the four members of the "executive committee" I'd have to interview with employees at a company where I once worked, one of them is tight with a manager who metaphorically bent me over and fucked me in the ass.  Repeatedly.  The other bad news is that the congregation is full of members who work all over the land of no opportunity so if it didn't work out for any reason it would further stunt my already virtually non-existent opportunities.  So, I diligently combed the church's website, searching for names with which I would ultimately form the dreaded trail.  While they don't offer a membership directory online, I needn't dig that far to determine that getting hired would likely lead to some very uncomfortable situations.  It was right there in their monthly news letter.  The name of the daughter of the Dimmest Wit Ever.  Crap.  Long story short, DWE is a stupid cunt who has caused a lot of problems for me for reasons that make absolutely no sense and all over a job that paid less than minimum wage, involved tips and serving food and beverages to people equally as dim as she is.  So, I can pretty much forget the whole thing.  I'm going to have to tell the church another opportunity came up and cancel the interview.  Oh well.  I would have left the second something better came along (ha! like that would ever happen).  Regardless of the threat posed by the DWE, it could have ended badly for numerous other reasons.  The silver lining is that I played offense and prevented yet another catastrophe from hammering one more nail in my can't-get-a-job coffin, which is exactly what would have happened.  I know this because of the above-mentioned really bad feeling.  So, this is the epitome of what I'm confronted with on a daily basis.  Applying for jobs I don't have a prayer of getting because I don't know the right people who have the right connections in the land of no opportunity and then manically deciphering the trail that will ultimately lead to my demise should I, by some act of God, actually get an interview and get hired.  Lord hear our prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment