Saturday, March 9, 2013

Applying in Circles

Just a short one today.  I think I speak for the long-term unemployed when I express my frustrations at having to apply for the same jobs multiple times because there are so few options available.  A while back, I applied for a job I really wanted at a company in which I was desperate to get my foot in the door.  An insider informed me this particular company likes to hire and promote people with MBA's.  I have not found this to be the case.  Anyway, I went through an extremely long and tedious interview process at the end of which the position was offered to the dullest bulb in the tanning bed.  I'll save my thoughts on male preferences for hiring the high school cheerleader for another post, but losing out on yet another job I really wanted to someone less educated and generally mentally deficient was a major disappointment. 
This same position is now available through a staffing agency with whom I'm meeting next week.  So, I predict I will go through the same extremely tedious process (only this time the best I can hope for is getting the position on a temporary basis while the dullest bulb enjoys the benefits of full-time employment) at the end of which they'll inform me I was not selected but encourage me to continue applying.  And applying.  And applying.  And applying...and applying.  So I'll let you know how it goes.  Labor Statistic is signing off for today.  Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment