Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hello World!

Well here I am.  Everyone tells me I should blog and I think they're right.  The main focus of this blog is going to be my personal experiences searching in vain for employment with an advanced degree (M.B.A) in rural America during a time of economic uncertainty.  The almighty dollar stretches about as far as the almighty denim supporting my continually expanding waistline (more on the importance of exercising during unemployment later).  Anyway, after getting fired and applying for my 437th job this year I decided I needed a place to document the black hole I've been attempting to claw out of for the past three years.  The black hole exists largely due to poor choices on my part (more on that later, as well) but to a greater extent because of the quicksand-like vice grip of economic collapse.  For me, there is a black hole within a black hole.  The events of the last ten years of my life echo a domino effect, one piling right on top of the next, to create the perfect shit storm.  I will try to make my posts as humorous, albeit sarcastic, as possible and I apologize in advance if they get a bit dark but, let's face it, The Great Recession is a dark mother-fucking hole.  From the perspective of a Human Resources student and a member of the "lost generation" I hope to entertain you with relevant, thought provoking content.  And sometimes I'm just going to talk about whatever the hell I want.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment